As you're no doubt aware by now, this web site stores a small amount of information about each registered user. The amount of information you add is up to you, but you should know that we will under no circumstances provide this information to anyone other than other registered site users.
Besides your address and phone number, you can also upload a photo of yourself. This helps other site users connect names with faces. Here's how to do it:
- Log in to the site.
- On the menu on the left, click Your details.
- Below your username and full name, you should see three buttons. The middle button is labeled Edit. Move your mouse over this button to display the edit menu.
- Move your mouse down to highlight Update Your Image and click it.
- Click the Browse button to display a list of the files and folders on your computer. Browse to the folder containing your photo, highlight it and click OK.
- Click the Upload button to upload your photo.
- If everything worked, you should see a message saying that your image is pending moderator approval.
Please note that if the dimensions of the image file you upload are larger than 200 pixels wide or 500 pixels high, it will be resized. Image files larger than 100 Kilobytes will be rejected. You can reduce the size of an image file in many ways. For example, you can open the photo in an image editing program such as MS Paint, resize it and save it again with a different name. Then upload the new file. If you need assistance in doing this, please use the Contact us feature of this site to ask a site administrator for help.
Note also that the photo file must be one of the following image file formats: GIF, JPG (JPEG) or PNG.