The documents area of this site is a repository of Niebuhr-related documents. There are currently categories for immigration records, obituaries and miscellaneous documents, but more will likely be added later.
If you have access to Niebuhr family documents that may be of interest to other site users, feel free to upload them into the documents area. Here's the procedure:
- Log in to the site.
- Click Submit document on the menu on the left side of the home page.
- The next page you see is labeled Upload.
- At the top right, click the Category list to display the available categories. Choose one that suits your document. If there isn't a category that suits, select Uncategorized. The site administrator will create an appropriate category after you submit your document.
- Click the Browse button to the right of the box labeled Filename. You'll see a list of files on your computer. Navigate your folders and files until you find the file you want to upload. Highlight the file and click Open (or OK, depending on your operating system).
- Fill in the box labeled File Title. This will be a brief caption for the document you are uploading. If you don't enter anything here, by default the title is set to the name of the file, but that may not be sufficiently descriptive, in which case you should change it.
- Below the File Title box is the Description box, in which you should describe the document to be submitted. You can put as much descriptive text here as you feel is appropriate.
- You can fill in the remaining fields (Author, etc.), but they are optional.
- Click the Start Upload button to upload the file.
- After a few moments you should see a message: File Uploaded.
- Your document submission will be reviewed by the site administrator within a day or so, after which it will appear in the Documents area of the site.